CALL FOR WORKSHOP CONTRIBUTIONS
The organizers of the 34th ACM International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS-2020) call for proposals for workshops to be held in conjunction with ICS-2020. Workshops should provide forums for discussion among researchers and practitioners on focused topics or emerging research areas relevant to the community of high-performance computing. Workshop organizers may structure workshops as they prefer including invited talks, panel discussions, presentations of work in progress, fully peer-reviewed papers, or some combination of the above. Workshops could be scheduled for half a day or a full day on June 29th, 2020, depending on interests, space constraints, and the organizer’s preference. Organizers should design workshops for approximately 20-40 participants, to balance the impact and effective discussion.
The deadline for submission of a proposal is December 27th, 2019 (initial, to show interest on doing a submission), and January 17th, 2020 (final deadline). We strongly encourage workshop organizers to submit their proposals early so that there is enough time to organize the workshop program before the conference. We also encourage proposals for new workshops that have not been held before.
Workshop proposals should include the following items:
- The title and the acronym of the workshop
- A description (0.5-1 page) of the theme of the workshop
- A description (one paragraph) on the relevance of the theme of the workshop to ICS
- A list of topics of interest
- Length of the workshop (half day / full day)
- The names and affiliations of the workshop organizers, and if applicable, the name and affiliation of the PC chair, and of a significant portion of the program committee
- A description of the expected structure of the workshop (papers, invited talks, panel discussions, etc.)
- Data about previous offerings of the workshop (if applicable), including the attendance, the numbers of papers or presentations submitted and accepted, and the links to the corresponding websites
- A publicity plan for attracting submissions and attendees. Please also include expected number of submissions, accepted papers, and attendees that you anticipate for a successful workshop
- Follow-up plans (if any) to disseminate the ideas from the workshop. For example, through position paper or special-issues in a journal
Please, send proposals by e-mail to the ICS-2020 Workshops Submissions list,
Your submission will be received by the Workshops and Tutorials co-chairs:
- Alba Cristina Magalhaes Alves de Melo, University of Brasilia
- Xavier Martorell, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya and Barcelona Supercomputing Center
Feel free to contact us (using the Submissions list) if you have any questions about the suitability of a workshop for ICS-2020 or for any other related matters.