CALL FOR TUTORIAL CONTRIBUTIONS
The organizers of the 34th ACM International Conference on Supercomputing (ICS-2020) call for proposals for tutorials to be held in conjunction with ICS-2020. Proposals for both half-day and full-day tutorials are solicited on any topic that is relevant to the ICS audience. Tutorials that focus on tools and techniques that enable research across layers of the computational stack are strongly encouraged.
Tutorials may have one of the following goals:
- Describe an important piece of research infrastructure.
- Educate the community on an emerging topic.
The deadline for submission of a proposal is December 27th, 2019 (initial, to show interest on doing a submission), and January 17th, 2020 (final deadline). We encourage proposals for new tutorials that have not been held before.
Proposals should provide the following information:
- The title (and acronym, if applicable) of the tutorial
- 1-3 page description (for evaluation), including:
- Tutorial scope and objectives
- Topics to be covered
- Scheduling and format of the sessions (lecture, hands-on)
- Any special requirements the tutorial may need on the room
- Description (one paragraph) on the relevance ot the topics for ICS
- Target audience
- Expected number of attendees
- If the tutorial has been held previously, the location (i.e., conference), date, number of attendees, link to website (if applicable)
- Presenter(s) name(s), affiliations, and contact information
- Proposed duration (full day, half day)
- A description (0.5-1 page) of the theme of the tutorial, suitable for tutorial publicity
- 1 paragraph biography per presenter suitable for tutorial publicity
- A publicity plan for attracting attendees
Please, send proposals by e-mail to the ICS 2020 Tutorials Submissions list,
Your submission will be received by the Workshops and Tutorials co-chairs:
- Alba Cristina Magalhaes Alves de Melo, University of Brasilia
- Xavier Martorell, Universitat Politècnica de Catalunya and Barcelona Supercomputing Center
Feel free to contact us (using the Submissions list) if you have any questions about the suitability of a tutorial for ICS-2020 or for any other related matters.